Want to work with our ministry?! Keep reading to find out more about our internship opportunities!
Digital Content / Social Media Intern
Period of Performance:
Fall Semester: August 22, 2016 through December 9, 2016
popwe is a non-profit Christian ministry started by Grammy nominated Christian artist, Matthew West. popwe’s mission is to provide people with the tools and resources necessary for a journey of hope and healing. popwe serves in four capacities: our interactive storytelling portal, our role as feeder foundation to other ministries, our concert and event prayer ministries, and our ministry and small group resources.
Summary/ Job Description:
Because of popwe’s newly launched website and interactive storytelling portal, popwe receives many stories per day of God’s incredible impact. These stories go through an editing process (and photo and video edits if applicable) before they are released to our site. We are looking for motivated and digitally savvy individuals with a passion for spreading hope to others to help us edit and share these stories with our popwe community. In addition, we are looking for applicants who are willing to create digital content on our website and on our social media platforms. This position will work with our Program Manager and develop social media strategy for increased awareness and reach so that many lives can be impacted by our powerful stories. This is an unpaid internship but may qualify for college credit.
The time commitment is flexible around the applicant’s schedule and academic requirements, but is estimated around 10 hours per week.
- Edit written content of stories chosen for website
- Transcribe stories from video content
- Edit photos in iPhoto
- Edit videos in iMovie
- Maintain and expand social media outreach
- Work with Project Manager to develop social media strategy and goals
- Pitch, produce, and post timely content across all social media and online platforms
- Observe online activity of model businesses; research, report and implement best media practices
- Ensure branding guidelines are maintained on all social media
- Performs other duties as assigned mutually agreed upon by popwe and the intern, in order to support the student’s unique learning objectives within this internship.
- Passion for spreading the love and hope of Christ!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and calmly under deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Standard American English grammar
- Full knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including Facebook and Twitter insights.
- Basic knowledge of iPhoto and iMovie
- Basic design skills for making digital promotions or posters
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain a professional work style
- Self-starter and learns quickly; enjoys connecting the dots and creating opportunities for success.
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Has housing and transportation to work in the Nashville/Franklin Tennessee area.
If you are interested in being considered for our fall internship, please send your cover letter and resume to Erica Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.