Let’s go ALL IN with our work!
Hey Guys – Matthew here!
A couple years I go I had this idea to do 24 concerts in 24 hours. That was a terrible idea – but that’s not the point! At 3 a.m. I stopped at a Waffle House and brought my guitar in and sang for three people. There was a waitress, a line cook, and a guy in the corner who looked like he wanted to hurt me!
But, I started singing “Hello My Name Is” and the cook started singing “Child of the One True King” along with me! Well that struck up a little conversation and I asked him, “Do you know what that song means?” He said with a big smile, “Yes, it means I’m blessed and highly favored!”
Here’s a guy who is cooking waffles at Waffle House who knew his Kingdom job was even bigger. I could tell that he was influencing people for Christ at Waffle House, showing the love of the Lord wherever he went.
I hope this devo encourages you to go ALL IN at your workplace this week!
- How did the line cook at Waffle House go ALL IN?
- Read Proverbs 16:3 and Colossians 3:23-24.
- Do you feel that when you work you are working for the Lord? Why or why not?
- What obstacles might prevent you from seeing your work as Kingdom work?
- This week, pray that God will show you a specific way you can go ALL IN at work and commit everything you do to the Lord.